10.24.2017

our weekend away to Columbus

 this past Saturday night was our bridal shower and, while it couldn't have gone any better, I'm glad we are one step closer to life being back to normal. I broke into tears twice the day of our shower, absolutely terrified to walk into a crowd of people that were solely around to see myself and Andrew and I was scared to death. I was given a very firm hug by Andrew as he reminded me that everyone was coming only because they loved us. That was it. No other reason.. but it was still a lot to take in. I thought this whole "everyone's eyes on the bride" thing was really going to be right up my alley but it turned out that the pressure of wanting to make sure 40 people in my mom's house was comfy, fed, and feeling attended to was a lot to take. But, like most scary shit in my life, it wasn't a big deal once it got started. We walked in and it was almost instantaneously fine. I've never experienced anything like it and I would do it again every weekend. I made several laps around the house to talk to everyone I could, kept a full drink in my hand for the entire party, and we all ended the night by jumping. in. the. pool. (yes it's November and yes it was midnight) You can tell when my mom is having a good time at her parties because she'll be the one talking everyone into jumping in the pool in their clothes. but it was the best time we could have hoped for.  In the morning, we woke up early and cleaned their kitchen for 2 hours as a quick "thank you for hosting!" and then we took off on our trip up north! 

We've been saying for weeks that we wanted to take one last short and quick getaway before we were officially married and Columbus seemed like the perfect fit. it's only about an hour and a half north and, while it's been a while since I've been in the area, it was so nice to be back. So many good restaurants (we basically just ate our way through the streets. Thank god for Spanx.) great bars, and amazing shops. I picked up a bottle of Davines Oi Oil that I have smothered all over every inch of my body, a new ring to remember the trip, and most importantly ANDREW'S TUX!! It was a rainy, stormy, dreary and amazing couple of days and while trying to stay dry, we ventured into a Jos A. Bank and 10 minutes later we walked out with Andrew's wedding ensemble! I also picked up a new zip up hoodie but that failed in comparison. Our hotel suit was equipped with a full working kitchen and so our nights were spent in our big squishy hotel bed eating our carry out boxes from all of our restaurant adventures. Could life be any more glorious? We woke up bright and early this morning and drove back through the rainstorms and back to reality. 

thank you to everyone that came out to our shower. I can't wait to celebrate the wedding with guys! and an even bigger thank you to my future husband, who makes the simplest adventures an hour north of our house feel like we are the only two people in the world. Lucky for us, too. More donuts. 

and thank you to Staybridge Suites for giving us our weekend home! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig