8.12.2017

a trip around the living room

After weeks of not writing, why wouldn't I do a post when I'm sitting by myself on a Saturday night watching You've Got Mail? It just seems fitting. Life has been upside down lately with home projects, wedding planning, and sleeping but ya know what? I looked around the living room yesterday- our main space- and it just seemed appropriate to take a photo or ten of what all is happening in here right now. My step mom has a keen eye on finding antique treasures and found us the most beautiful Persian Sarouk rug for our living room. 

Last week, we bought a $10 bucket of black paint and gave the piano a new look. And also last week, something very exciting for me happened. This apartment has been filled to the brim with second hand pieces from thrift stores, Craigslist and from the side of the road on garbage night. I've been searching for weeks for a pair of arm chairs to go in our living room and I finally decided it was time for us to have a brand new piece of furniture (two, actually!) that I wouldn't be bartering the price for. A pair of chairs that we could really wear in for the next few years. I found a pair that were pretty similar to what I wanted and after reading reviews and staring at them for a few days, I bit the bullet. The day that they arrived was a particularly terrible day for me at work so you can imagine my delight when I came home to the chairs finished and set up by Andrew! 

I have posts of this space that go back years and years and I love to see how much it's changed. I'll be thirty this year and, I don't know, maybe that's what's guiding the steering wheel on all of these little changes I'm wanting to make. Food that I would have never eaten before, I love. (tomatoes. peppers. I mean seriously, I'm a new woman) and foods that I used to love I wont eat anymore because I've gained weight that would have never happened a few years ago (I miss you so much, burger king. It hurts) and so, with a maturing palette for food comes an even more maturing style in design. Our space is being filled with more neutral and matted tones, with small pops of color here and there. One big statement rug will do the work of 50 trinkets when it comes to wanted a focal point in a room. I'm so done with having stuuuuff everywhere and I'm proud to say that we are slowly clearing this space out to only house things that we love and mean the most to us. Here's a few photos of things around here lately.   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig