7.28.2017

a peak into our wedding registry!

I completely agree with anyone that says "making a registry is hard". I'm a thrifter by nature and I pride myself on being able to find treasures for a steal. I've bought my fair share of cheeseboards from Pottery Barn for brides and even as I was standing at the cash register, I was saying in my head I could have found at the thrift store. And I went back and forth between "we do not need this" to "this is our wedding and it's special and we should treat ourselves!" so our registry grew a little bigger than maybe I planned our expected... but ya know what? It's a once in a lifetime experience (fingers crossed haha) and if I want new towels, I'm gonna registry for new damn towels! We decided to registry on Amazon because it literally put the entire world at our fingertips and people could search on it from the comfort of their couch. It is super fun getting notifications as things get crossed off and I will probably do a back flip when the first box shows up! Eek! So are both adding our own little bits to the registry, but here are some of my favorites! 

1. Dish towels. I know I'm getting older because I spent 30 minutes reading reviews and picking out dish towels. I'm not kidding. Andrew got up, went and got a shower, and came at sat back down. It took that long to decide on these!  
2. Ceramic Mortar and Pestle. I think M&P's are beautiful just sitting out on the counter, but I know that my future chef husband is going to get lots of use out of it for making his herb and spice magic. 
3. Measuring cups and Spoons. I've had the same gently used pieces since I've lived on my own. It's time they matched and are crack-free. 
4. Dutch Oven. I've loved Le Creuset from a distance for a while, but there was no way in hell I was going to put a $400 dish on our registry. We'll see how this cheap guy works out and if we love it, maybe we'll upgrade someday. (we can put that on a baby registry, right?)
5. Cheese Board Knives Set.  Cheeseboards have become my new favorite food. How do I not have a cheese knife set already?!?
6. Anti-freeze ice cream scoop. This house doesn't have an ice cream scoop yet. This one reminds me of my grandma's house and I love that rough finish on it. 
7. Turkish Cotton bath towels.  If Andrew and I could each only register for one item, towels would be mine. For years, I've wanted all matching white towels. They are what I'm most excited for!
8. Japanese porcelain serving dish. I mean.... It's just pretty. And I love it.      

our registry is live and ready to go with lots of treasures that I'm so excited to keep and enjoy for a million years. How exciting is all of this?!
registry here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig