3.09.2017

getting back to pretty skin


about five months back, I started a new birth control that has completely turned my skin upside down. they laid me down, injected some little matchstick looking thing into my arm, and i've been baby-less ever since. thank you technology! is that tmi? i"m not sure. but we talk about most everything in this little corner of the internet from one night stands to my favorite dessert recipes so whatever. let's move on. anyway, prior to this new birth control (which is amazing. i can't stress enough how much i love it aside from my skin being a litte more fickle) my skincare routine was as simple as coconut oil at night and that was about it. god, i was so lucky and didn't even realize. i had terrible skin in high school and college and while it kind of sort of followed me into adulthood, for the most part i couldn't really complain. because i don't think you're allowed to complain about your skin when you go to bed with a face covered in makeup after spending countless hours working in a hot bar.

BUT! now that i'm pretty far into my late twenties, things have changed. Ohhh boy have they changed. between a new birth control changing my hormones, countless years of using the tanning beds (i know. so gross. shut up) and from looking at people like they're dumb for years (does anyone else have that terrible wrinkle between their eyebrows? from literally looking at people like they're crazy? maybe it's just me) it was time to change things up. i've tried every OTC product out there and maybe they take more time than I'm willing to give them to see a difference, but nothing was making the cut and i wasn't seeing any progress. it would all feel good and "clean" in the shower and moments afterward, but I wasn't seeing or feeling a difference in my complexion. i would put clearasil all over my face and ruin my clothes. sad. womp. and soooo here it is: my dream team. after lots of time researching, asking friends with pretty skin, and paying attention to prices and reviews, i've came up with a quick little list of my 5 favorite skin products that are helping to get my complexion back to normal; From helping with winter skin blues, getting rid of acne and blemishes, and reducing my wrinkles.  

Tea Tree Sheets have become my favorite for a quick swipe of clean goodness across my face when i'm in a rush or ready fall asleep standing up. i still bartend on the weekends and when you get home at 4:30am, the last thing i'm wanting to do is give myself a facial. So these totally do the trick. They're cheap, smell amazing, and get all the makeup crud off of my face, chest, and neck before I crash into bed. I also have a terrible habit of touching my face all day while i sit at the office so i have taken a pack of these to my desk to wipe my face with them throughout the day.

i probably don't need to rant and rave much about the benefits of Tea Tree Oil so i won't waste the keystrokes. it's amazing for your complexion and dries blemishes right up. i put it on trouble spots before bed. 

i got a Dry Body Brush about a month back and it's the coolest fad i've jumped onto lately. i've struggled with body acne forever and a few quick swipes with this brush in the morning or before showers helps get blood moving and increases cell reproduction and seems to be helping a bit. Maybe it's all in my head but that's enough for me. Also, scrub your ass and thighs with it to reduce your cellulite. then go have an icecream cone to celebrate your smooth and pretty tush. 

i keep a tube of Absinthe Hand Cream at my work desk and apply it probably 4 times a day. it keeps my hands and arms moisturized, smooth, and smelling too good for words. 

and finally, i saved the best for last. a friend of mine introduced me to Hyaluronic Acid Serum back in december and you guys- this stuff is so so great for wrinkles. after i get out of the shower and and dry off, just before bed, i dab (yes, this bottle comes with a dobber. double win) across my forehead and under my eyes. it has made a drastic difference in the tightness of my skin and has already helped reduce my wrinkles. 

so there ya have it. my stuff. it might not be for everyone, but it was very discouraging watching the downward spiral of my skin for months so when i started to notice an improvement, it only seemed right to give a little (non sponsored) product shout out. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig