12.30.2016

a recipe: Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Coconut Oil

it's rare- like 7 leaf clover rare- that I participate in any sort of new years resolution. I think they're kind of ridiculous and almost always get tossed out by March. But even with that being said, it's never a bad idea to try and work in some better life habits, right? Especially when they're pretty simple. 

I've always been a dessert person with a chocolate obsession so when Andrew and I picked up a hand of overly ripe bananas (fun fact- a group of bananas is called a hand. one banana is called a finger. there, now you've learned something.) I knew I wanted to make a pan of mini chocolate chip banana muffins. It wasn't until I got home and I was scooping out spoonfuls of my beloved coconut oil to remove my eye makeup that I had an epiphany... and the results were dreamy. Most of us know of all the great benefits coconut oil has from whitening teeth to shaving your lady parts, but did you know you can use it to replace butter in a lot of baking recipes? I'm floored. this recipe took about 20 minutes, made my apartment smell like a giant candle and tasted amazing. Enjoy! 

you'll need:
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup cold milk
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups flour (your preference, I just used white)
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used extra to sprinkle on top right before they went in the oven)
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon

directions:
  • heat oven to 400 degrees
  • line your cups with muffin tins or spray your tray with pam. mine literally fell out, super easy!
  • in a mixing bowl combine bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil and egg
  • add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
  • add chocolate chips in last
  • divide your mixture into your tins and sprinkle each with a few chips before putting them in the oven
  • bake for 13 to 15 minutes 
  • devour with milk close by  

yummmmmmmy! happy weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig