9.29.2017

A fall taste tour with Piada

my favorite detail of this city, besides the cheap rent and changing seasons, is the food. At just about any time of the day or night you can have tacos, sushi, pizza, cookies (most of which will even delivered to your front door. remember Insomnia Cookies? yum) Honestly, I wish there was a food out there that I didn't like. My jeans would thank me. But! Until then, I'll just keep eating my way through the queen city. Before a few days ago, I had never heard of Piada and when Andrew and I were invited to try out their new menu last night, I couldn't reply "YES! WE'LL BE THERE!" fast enough. I didn't even know what the old menu was prior to this new menu coming out but I'll take two of each of whatever ya got, please and thanks. Andrew and I both are the least picky eaters so we didn't have much to lose. 

We arrived at The Mockbee, one of my favorite event spaces downtown with arched brick doorways and creepy corridors, only to be greeted by some of the best and lightest foods I've had in a while. Their new menu is loaded with fresh ingredients, vegan and gluten free friendly, and packed full of super foods. It also highlights foods I had never heard of before tonight like FARRO. A friend of mine described it as "mouth sex" and "chewing on pillows" in the best possible way and he wasn't lying. I had no idea. I will be buying my own supply tomorrow. We munched on pork loin sandwiches topped with basil aioli and finished our night with chocolate chip cookies covered in toasted marshmallows. Before we left, we made sure to grab one more blood orange pomegranate tea for the road and drove home with two full bellies and said "that was so good!" to each other probably ten times. 
Thank you so much to Piada for extending the invite to us so we could be some of the first to try out the new magic happening! Just one more reason to get excited for fall!  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig