10.20.2014

cincinnati eats: pi pizzeria

so you know how sometimes, you'll go somewhere or do something out of the blue in the middle of your work week and it just totally amps you up?  it's like going on vacation at home. well,  for me, this past wednesday was one of those days. one of the biggest joys that comes from writing a blog about your city is that you get to experience some of the coolest things going on. i'm not going to lie- you kind of walk with your chest puffed out a little bit when you get to go to an event or a show and then tell others about it later, am i right? you guys get it. so anyways,  we recently became the latest lucky city to get a Pi Pizzeria and I personally welcomed it with open arms. I can eat pizza hot, cold or standing on my head so anytime there's an opportunity to get my hands on a slice, I've probably already called shotgun and am waiting for you in the car. 

our Pi is located right smack dab in the middle of downtown Cincinnati, and is inside one of the coolest buildings. think new york city loft meets marinara sauce. and that is pi.  we were greeted with the sweetest staff and everything was totally on point. they're known for their cornmeal crusts but we opted for the thin crust because we're wimps. It was pretty spectacular, though, so I don't know how it could be improved upon. I washed my slices down with the Pi2 cocktail, which is any basil lover's dream. 
the whole place was something i haven't seen around cincinnati yet and i'm so excited that they're here. it was just swanky enough for a hot date and just casual enough to go there with your girlfriends for lunch. I love places that are like that, don't you? it's like GOOD FOR YOU, RESTAURANT, FOR WELCOMING ALL OF US! 
here's a few photos i shot on wednesday during my tasting! 
The lincoln park / central west end (we did a half & half because I'm no good at making choices) 
 
the neatest piece of art was a floor to ceiling Pete Rose literally created out of dots? holes? tiny holes in a wall? I'm not really sure yet. I will have to investigate this piece further. it was kind of tricky to see, but I guess that makes it even cooler, right? 
homemade french onion dip and chips. i may have allegedly snacked on this dip for the next 2 days. and maybe i ran out of chips and just used my finger to eat it. it was that good. 
 
like i said, hot or cold works with pizza. so those boxes are still lingering around this house! hashtag college dorm. but really, all of you Cincinnatians out there need to get down to Pi and check it out in all of its glory. The perfect new addition to our city! 

Glad you're here, Pi! 
Excuse me while I roll out the welcome mat!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lucky you... yum! Looks cool and tasty. We'll have to add to our never-ending list of places to try.

    ReplyDelete

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig