1.09.2018

my favorite skin and hair products

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

While I have been purging the shit out of this house, the hair and skin products section of my bathroom vanity seems to be the least affected. I try it all and I keep it all when it comes to my skin, and my hair too. (I guess it was ever since that magical haircut) anyway, I pray that our children inherit Andrew's nearly perfect and excessively forgiving skin and not mine. It's only been about ten years since I realized that my skin is and as always been the most sensitive and hard to make happy. Hell, even when I was at the beginning of the wedding dress picking process, I said to myself "cover it all. Ya never know what part of this body might be breaking out in four months." it would be my luck that my skin was actually pretty delightful that day, but whatever. 

so here's a few of my favorite skin and hair products from this past month or so. I am the worst worst worst when it comes to making beauty habits and trying to have strict routines, but when you start seeing improvements, it's a lot easier to remember!

OK number one isn't so much a skin care product but good grief we purchased the Lush Sleepy lotion. Infused with lavender goodness, it will knock you out in about five minutes. Which has to be good for your skin right??? 
Number two is something I'm trying to get better at incorporating in my weekly routine: putting good stuff on my skin before smothering it in makeup garbage. This face oil is super light weight and a little goes a long way. I put it on and let it dry before I start putting on my concealer and makeup and it glides on like butter.
Number three is... Oh man... a very fortunate discovery that I did not anticipate. We were out of town in Columbus after our bridal shower and walked into a funky little shop that was way too cool for us and I refused to leave without buying something. This hair oil wasn't the cheapest purchases I've ever made, but it's worth it. And for me to say that is a big damn deal. The smell is amazing, it's extra light and I swear it's helping repair my ends. And as you can see from two months of use, a little goes a looong way!
Number four I can't say enough good things about these oils. The company even gives out free trial samples, They're animal friendly plant based photos, and my skin is getting firmer every. single. day.
Number five remember that terrible skin I told you about? Oh man. I saved the best for last. The Ordinary skincare line is making the best products I've ever tried in my adult life without a prescription, for a fraction of other's prices, for acne prone skin. Nothing has ever worked so well for my skin for under $10.  For $10, I'll try most anything so it was right up my alley. I also tend to trust a brand based on the branding and fonts on the stickers. Luckily, what's in the bottles is just as delightful as what's on the outside!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig