11.26.2017

our bar cart, holiday style

when we had a house full of people last week, I offered someone a shot of whiskey and was mortified when I saw the thin little ring of dust around the shot glass. 1. Could I be any less fun? Why am I not enjoying more liquor in my life? And 2. holy shit, I need to clean. So a few mornings back, at approximately 9 am, I jumped out of bed and took apart the whole thing, removed every cork and ever bottle and wiped the whole thing down. I washed all of the glassware, and cleaned it up a bit. So here she is, our bar cart, with a few seasonal accents thrown into the mix. 
I wish I liked whiskey more, but damn I am just a clear liquor girl at heart. Tequila, gin, and especially vodka are my liquors of choice. Luckily, the husband feels the same. I would hate to draw a line down the middle of our cart to separate our spirits. We keep Hendrick's, Tito's, and Cazadores on hand always. St. Germain is another great bar staple that will surely please. It has a sweet but also a subtle sourness to it and gets along pretty well with gin. Not pictured are a few of those plastic lemons and limes in the fridge, full of citrus juice for cocktails. 

tip: Keep your drinkware upside down so that dust and whatever can't get inside. I keep ours on a cutting board, just for extra texture and cleanliness. Three to five types of glassware is ideal. Odd numbers are more appealing. Also, variety of sizes and types (wine glasses, tall glasses, short glasses, champagne flutes, and maybe some shot glasses too!)  
I'm still not sure yet if we are going to put up a tree or not this year, but we had three different people gift us "Newlywed" Christmas ornaments. So here hangs one, proudly. also, that Santa figurine was our ornament we bought last year together for our first Christmas together, hence the "2016" :)  Personal touches like candles and collections will add a little something to your booze cart and make it a lot less stuffy. Especially during the holidays when you can cover the thing in garland and twinkly lights! (I've been collecting matchboxes forever and... I don't know... I just love them on a bar) but just remember, whatever you display, be prepared to dust them too! ha! Cheers! 

oh, also, on that top photo waaay up there- here's how to make your own easy citrus garland. I think it looks super cute on the bar cart. I now wish I had displayed a big bowl of grapefruit and oranges along with the dried garland, but oh well. Maybe next year! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love JD. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig