Top Image

Top Image

a dry butt is a happy butt

Posted on: 11.29.2012

jon and i just got back from ice skating downtown and it was a blast! i think i had maybe gone once or twice when i was little but i didn't remember how terrifying it was. the idea of falling on cold hard ground in front of thousands of people (i'm exaggerating, maybe 45) was a lot to handle! looking back, it was maybe a little stupid to risk my precious camera to this danger zone which is probably why 1/2 of my photos were a blurry mess- who has time to focus when you're trying not to fall!? but nevertheless, it was so fun! not too cold out and i didn't fall once! from the cute tween couples, to the christmas music playing over the loud speakers, it was a pretty sweet date! (i told jon if this had been our first date, he totally would have scored...a second date. duh) plus, you add on a skyline 3 way for dinner, and it couldn't have been a more perfect night! 


15 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun!!! love your pants. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spin move looks pretty fancy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! i felt like an olympian!

      Delete
  3. I love these photos! Now I want to go ice skating even though I'm deathly afraid of it haha :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i won't lie...i was freaking out a little bit. i moved pretty slow on that ice!

      Delete
  4. What a fun little date! We need to get down there (though I would probably substitute Graeter's for the Skyline - ha). And I think the older I get the more scared of falling I am - I'm kind of scared of falling off my bike too. Weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i fully agree. the older i get the more i understand the consequences of falling... and medical bills!!

      Delete
  5. what a great date - & the holding photo! we have plans to skate our downtown rink this year too. love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! but i gotta say, about 40 minutes was long enough on the ice!

      Delete
  6. Oh! I used to love ice skating too and I still do kinda... But I was one of those who were not scared of falling and I did fall pretty bad and had stitches and everything! I used to go every Saturday when I was younger but I haven't been for a long time after the accident! Thanks for sharing, giving me the opportunity to remember how much I love it.. Love your blog by the way - glad you found mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! i think one hard fall would make me never wanna try it again! but i gotta say, it was really fun... and cold :)

      Delete
  7. i used to LOVE ice skating! my parents house has a pond out front, so i was lucky enough to grow up ice skating. it used to drive me nuts when i couldn't convince my sister to go out with me!
    i was pretty positive that i was going to become a figure skater ;) HA!
    you two look too cute out on the ice!

    (ps i got your comment about going back to school at 25 too!! i wanted to email you back but couldnt find an email :( are you going back close to home or going away?)

    xo michelle
    peggyandbea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love doing cheesy dates like this with the Ginger. It's talking him into them that's the hard part. You have a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! It looks like such fun. I've never been ice skating so I'm trying to convince someone to go with me this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love, Jamie Dawn All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger