Top Image

Top Image

CHEERLEADING ALUMNI

Posted on: 9.22.2012

last night, i had so much fun driving out to my old high school. it was "cheerleader alumni night" and my friend Maria and I thought it would be fun to take the hour long drive from Cincinnati to attend. we wore these LOVELY hot pink look-at-me-whether-you-want-to-or-not t shirts and we were amongst women that were older than my mama!! we're talking 50 year old women jumping around with pon poms (and doing a damn good job, i might add) we got there and were shoved out onto the track where the cheerleaders perform. we danced along to some of the old cheers and it was crazy how many of them i could recall! most days i can't even remember my bank account number but i remembered these freakin' cheers after 6 years like it was nothing. go figure! well, actually, i did practice a little bit. when i was getting ready yesterday, i grabbed my poms and did cheers...  in our livingroom... in my underwear. (don't worry, jon filmed it without me knowing so there is in fact proof of this) anyways, they announced all of our names and it was neat to hear it again after all of those years. my mom and i went to the same highschool so she came out last night and we both had a bit of a reunion. Can't wait 'til the next one. Go Rams!! 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had heaps of fun! Cheerleading is basically non-existant in Australia but it looks like such a fun sport :)

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was very surreal. it for sure makes you feel like a grown up when you're being invited to "alumni" events at your old highschool :)

      Delete
  2. Fun!! I love any kind of a reunion! Also, you are soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks!! i think all jamie/jaime/jaimie/jaymee's are just destined to be good looking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Love JD All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger