Soooo, i have an ear to ear grin today! Naomi from Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups nominating me for the Liebster Award!! Whatta doll!!
here's the description of the award that i took off of her page:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Liebster, in German, means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people that you tag
3. choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. go to their page and tell them
5. no tag backs!
#1 (11 things about me)
1. i am left handed and hate it! fellow left handers know... lead pencil is the enemy!
2. i am an only child, but have 5 step sibs as of this past year
3. in highschool, i was a cheerleader as well as a drama kid (show choir, too!)
4. i was born in Cincinnati and have an Ohio tattoo on my wrist. Whaddup, 513?!?
5. i could watch How I Met Your Mother until my netflix gave out
6. i have my license in cosmetology, but am planning to go back to school... someday
7. i love numerical patterns on digital clocks, like 12:34pm & 3:14am
8. i don't think i have ever waited for the oven to fully preheat.
9. i brush my teeth in the shower
10. i talk to my self all. the time. (only child problems!)
11. I think Kristin Wiig is just adorable!
#2 (answer questions from Naomi)
1. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
i wish i had finished college the first time around. it's hard to get up the motivation to go back.
2. What does your perfect day consist of?
waking up around 10 am and having a perfect, effortless good hair and makeup day. without having to beg and plead, getting jon up, too. walking to the farmers market and taking pictures of everything the entire way there and everything on the way home. we cook together, maybe hit a flea market or garage sale and spend the rest of the day lounging around, doing apartment projects, seeing family and sleeping. maybe dinner and movie to top everything off. oh, and i would like to be in bed by 9!
3. Are you a dog or cat person? Or both?
2 years ago, i would have said dog with no hesitation. but i've became quite fond of our cats. they are low maintenance and hilarious. whoever invented the litter box gets a round of applause from me!
4. Do you have a lucky number, and why?
i like the number 7. i have no idea why it's lucky to me, but anytime i have to play one of those "pick a number" things i always win with 7... well, i probably won't anymore!
5. What is one thing in your state that you haven't done, but would like to do?
you know the movie "A Christmas Story"? the one that plays on a 24 loop on Christmas day? the original house is in Cleveland and they do tours! i loved that movie!
6. If you could travel any one place in the world, where would it be?
Paris. the pictures of food would be priceless!
7. What book are you reading? Or one you've been meaning to read?
i'm thinking about joining the band wagon on this 50 shades of gray book.
8. Do you feel like you were meant to be born in a different decade, or era? Why?
nah, i like this era. i like that i can buy 1920's inspired tops on my 21st century computer.
9. Do you believe in love at first sight?
i believe in "dang, he's a hottie!" at first site. but no, not love. love takes knowing someone.
10. Do you still possess a stuffed animal from your childhood?
11. When was the last time you took a really nice, long walk? How was it?
i love taking long walks in Spring Grove cemetary. it's the most gorgeous cemetary you have ever seen and it's right down the street. people book years in advanced to get married there! it was nice, but a little too hott. august walks are the best!
#3 (My questions)
1. how would you describe your decorating style?
2. if money were no object, what would be your dream job?
3. when was your last haircut?
4. what is your favorite beverage?
5. what is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
6. do you think opposites attract? why?
7. what "friends" character are you most similar to?
8. if you could only listen to one song for the rest of the day, what song would it be?
9. do you drink your cereal milk that's left in the bottom of the bowl?
10. what is your favorite clothing store?
11. calling or texting?
#4 (My nominations)
3. a new davis
5. cut culture
6. mr and mrs.